During the second weekend of June (June 8th – June 10th 2018) Slovenia’s second largest city - Maribor hosted a series of amazing chess events in different parts of the city. European Chess Academy in cooperation with Slovenian chess club ZSK Maribor organized the following events:
- Clock simultaneous exhibition with former World Champion challenger, Latvian Grandmaster Alexei Shirov
- A challenge to the current World Champion among seniors GM Evgeny Sveshnikov by the legendary Slovenian GM Alexander Beliavsky
- Final of Styrian Cadets League
- Online match ZSK Maribor – Small World Chess Club Shanghai
- Maksimiljan Dular memorial blitz tournament
We have agreed to cooperate in many areas.
We will do our best to raise our game to an even higher level. Moreover, the participation of the German company has enhanced credibility and recognisability of our activities.